ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
ZOOM URBAN TRANSPORT (“ZOOM”) warrants that all new ZOOM Electric Scooters (“Scooters”) are warranted to the original retail purchaser (“Purchaser”) against manufacturing defects in its electric components for a period of one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase.
The warranted components include: 1) Front motor, 2) Battery, 3) Controller 4) Display unit and 5) mechanical defects of the hardware of the scooter
Terms of Limited Warranty
This warranty becomes effective on the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is void if the Scooter is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, at the sole discretion of ZOOM. This warranty applies only to the original Purchaser of a Scooter and is not transferable to subsequent owners or any other party. During the duration of this warranty, ZOOM, at their cost, will either repair the Scooter or Scooter component(s), or at ZOOM’s sole discretion, will replace any defective Scooter or component(s) with the same or equivalent component(s). The foregoing warranties are in lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein, whether express or implied by operation of law or otherwise, including, but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Terms of Limited Warranty on Li-Po Battery
ZOOM offers a Limited One-Year Warranty for the Scooters’ batteries, for defects in material and/or workmanship, pertaining to sales originating within Singapore.
Conditions which may void warranty
- Opening the battery case may void the warranty
- damage or failure that results from misuse, overcharging, over-discharging, exceeding the limitations in the specification sheet or product label
- usage in an environment outside the recommended temperature range
- Over-voltage charging, or other error by charger or user setting of charger.
- Short circuit of main terminals or BMS port
- Physical Damage to the battery occurring after purchase (impact, etc)
In no event shall ZOOM be liable for incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from use or unavailability of the Scooter or component(s) in any manner, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory. ZOOM’s liability hereunder is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of Scooters or component(s), or at ZOOM’s sole discretion, to the net amount paid by the original retail purchaser. If the original retail Purchaser elects to repair a defective Scooter or component(s) himself or use the services of someone other than ZOOM (or its designee) to repair the Scooter, or if Purchaser uses a replacement part not authorized by ZOOM, ZOOM will not be liable for any damage, failure, injury or loss caused by the use of such unauthorized service or parts.
This warranty does not cover:
· normal wear and tear
· damage or failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident
· damage from stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of the Scooter
· damages resulting from failure to follow Safety Warnings as provided in the Instruction Manual for the Scooter
· damages resulting from improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not supplied by ZOOM
· installation of any parts, accessories, or electrical component(s) not originally intended for or compatible with the Scooter as sold, or any modification of the frame or any component(s) originally supplied; tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, or vehicle controllers that have been opened for any purpose whatsoever, other than by ZOOM or its authorized agents; and the purchase or use of the Scooter outside of the Republic of Singapore.
All warranties are void if the Scooter is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the Scooter. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use.
Warranty work must be performed by ZOOM or an authorized agent of ZOOM. Proof of purchase must be provided. To qualify for warranty services, the original retail purchaser must first register his/her warranty online by using his/her unique registration number on the Zoom warranty card given upon purchase. The original retail Purchaser must contact a ZOOM representative to discuss the problem with the Scooter. After which, the Scooter or Scooter component(s) must be returned to ZOOM at its designated location for warranty work. The original retail Purchaser is responsible for the return of the Scooter, undamaged in transit, to ZOOM for warranty work and for the costs associated with shipping and insuring the Scooter and component(s) when returning them. If ZOOM’s authorized qualified technicians determine a warranty claim is valid and conforms with this warranty, ZOOM will repair or replace component(s) or replace the entire Scooter at ZOOM’s cost, including materials and labor.